Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A small prayer request

The other day my sister and I were sitting outside hanging out waiting on Cliffy and one of the woman who lives in our CondoPlex was walking by and we said and asked her how things were going. She came over lite a cigarette and said well things are not going to well to be honest. My husband and I both have lost our jobs. We had an agency that was in the process of helping us pay this months rent and after three weeks of working with them we got denied. We are not really sure why and have to move out by Saturday. We have a week to find somewhere to go and have hardly any income. We asked her how her daughter is doing, who we have gotten to know at the pool. She said that she is really upset they only have a month left of school to go and she doesn't want to have to go to a new school and chances are we are moving across town and there is no way we can get her over here in time to catch the bus. Before I gave it a second thought I offered for her daughter to come stay with us. School here is out June 4th. I feel it is the least I can do and this girl is a sweet heart. So pray first of all that her family finds somewhere to live and find a job. Also pray that this woman's daughter will find peace in the midst of all this chaos in her life.

My dad lost his job when I was in high school and I remember how panicked I was that we might have to move. Cliff and I have always liked teenagers and this girl always spent time with Zack and Payton in the pool and just has a sweet spirit.

2 comments:

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

Oh Deidra, You have such a good heart. I love you and the fact that you reached out. That's what it's all about. We need to be his hands and feet. I am praying right now!

Ginger said...

How lovely of you to invite the girl to live with you. My brother and (soon to be) sister-in-law both got laid off in Georgia. They may be coming to live with us in June, depending on if either of them can find work before the money runs out.

I think it will be great to have Dutch and Sarah here, especially to see Jack grow. They haven't seen him since he was three weeks old! :)