Sunday, April 19, 2009

My birthday

So last week on Thursday I turned 30. I was really stressed all week about it. Up until my dad died turning 30 was looking very exciting to me. My friend Carrie turned 30 last year and she played it off so easily that I was looking forward to it. I had big plans for turning 30 I wanted to go dancing with my girl friends and have a huge BBQ at our new house, and just enjoy my family. Well that was the plan until tragedy struck. So needless to say I wasn't looking forward to my birthday once everything happened. I really wanted to skip the day and just move on. Well Thursday came and I woke up and by 8 I was crying so much that I couldn't get a grip. I almost called Cliff to come home from work. Then I decided ok Dee you have a choice you can either sit at home cry all day or go ut and so something productive. So that's what we did. Zack and I got up went and got coffee at our favorite coffee shop then headed to the strip for some fun at Circus Circus. I had never been there before. It is an inside amusment park. It is like being at a carnival but inside. Crazy. Zack had a blast. The following are pics of all the rides he enjoyed. He liked it but most of the time he held his hands over his ears.
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

We went to a 4D movie while at Circus Circus. They squirt us with water and blew wind in our face and tickled us with something around our feet.
 

This is Zack at gymnastics but I got in trouble for taking pics in the gym so I only have one. We are doing this on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
 

Last year we started the tradition that on my birthday instead of me cooking and cleaning up we just have banana splits for dinner. I know not real healthy but once a year who cares.
 

 
Posted by Picasa

 

 

 

I was almost able to eat the whole bowl. Thank God my husband got me a gift certificate for my birthday because none of my clothes fit anymore:)
 
Posted by Picasa


All and all turning 30 without my dad being here turned out not so horrible after all. Although the start was rough the ending wasn't so bad.

1 comment:

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

Happy Birthday Deidra! That sundae looks so good. Gad you got to have a little fun!