Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's probably been around for generations

So have you ever just remembered something from your childhood and it just makes you happy. Well the other day, for what ever reason, I remembered these muffins that my Grandma Linda use to make us when I was younger. They were just simple muffins with a chocolate sauce but I loved them. Anyways she is a very hip grandmother and has a facebook so I asked her for the recipe and when she emailed it to me the top of it said Paw Paw's muffin recipe. That is my great grandmother. I know weird but she is Paw Paw and we don't even blink an eye calling her that and neither does she. Ok there is a point to this. Anyways in my minds eye those were Linda's made up recipe for muffins I had no idea that they orginated from Paw Paw and who knows where Paw Paw got them from. But they have been in our family at least four generations now. I just think it is cool that food gets passed down from one generation to another. On my Teresa mom's side of the family I have my grandmothers homemade rolls that she cooked every holiday and our family literally would have fights to see who got the first one. On my dads side of the family he made canned tomatoes for us every summer and Aebleskivers for us which is a Danish pancake. I have that recipe and now my dad and I found the special pan to cook them in. I don't know my point I just love that I have things like to pass down to Zack. He is a boy so maybe he won't care as much but I hope that I will teach him to see the greatness in this like I do. Thank you Memo that is what the new batch of grandkids call grandma Linda and I like so Thank you for passing this on to me I will definately keep passing it on for another generation.
 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

 

 
Me and Paw Paw this summer. She is a very sharp lady.
Posted by Picasa

This is Memo with my neice Savannah from my trip there in November.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Deidra, I just read this to papaw, she says add one more generation, because HER mother use to make them before her!!!! They all called her "Ma" Isn't that neat! Steve still has the iron muffin pan Ma cooked them in! love ya, mom

Anonymous said...

Oh and they made a lemon sauce, linda added the chocolate sauce wouldn't ya know!