Sunday, February 21, 2010

4 years ago today...........................

Four years ago today we picked up our little man from the hospital. I will never forget it as long as I live. Its funny because even to this day I can remember the 21st better then his actual birthday. We actually got the call on a Friday evening but because the Monday was a holiday they new they needed to get him a place before the weekend. So unlike most foster parents I had the whole weekend to prepare. It was good and bad. I don't think I slept the entire time. We went over to our friend Erik and Meridith's house for dinner and a glass of wine which I don't drink but I did that night. I guess what I am most thankful for is the exact words from the case worker were this. "This is a very low risk case. This child is not adoptable but it seems like a nice case for your first child. Will you take him." I said of course we will take him and she said well you should call and talk to Cliff and I said nope don't need to. She said Deidra you have to talk to him. Call me back in a few minutes. I called Cliff at work and said these exact words. Cliff we are getting a little boy 7 months old he's little tiny we get to pick him up on Tuesday. Ok...... He was like ok. I said ok I will call you back I have to call Donna and tell her I asked you. Its just funny I knew I didn't need his permission. So anyways here we are four years later and he is totally ours. He was even given Cliffs middle name and his grandpa's name. I love him with all my being. He gives me a run for my money most the time. But he is busy, fun, energetic, loves to watch Biggest Looser with me, enjoys quading with his daddy saying wooohoooo, he is a star in gymnastics, loves to be outside at the park or hiking local mountains. He is such a gem and we are so blessed that God looked at this situation and it could have gone so many ways but he chose to let Cliff and I have him and I thank him everyday for Zacky. Little boy I love you more then you will ever know. I am so glad God choose to give you to mommy and daddy and we are blessed that your parents. Our lives are exciting and new everyday with you in it. My prayer for you as you grow up is to know that although your parents let us adopt you it was because they loved you and knew that we could care for you all the days of your life. Mommy loves you more then life it's self I am so glad to call you my son.

5 comments:

Paul and Ines said...

How sweet & Happy New-Birthday/Welcome Home Day to Zack :)

Cherl said...

He is such a wonderful addition to the entire family! We would not be complete without him. Love you, Zacky (and your mom and dad)!

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

I am so happy for you all ;)

Anonymous said...

Awww I am so glad God saw fit to bring him into your lives and you both into his. I remember spending that first or second weekend you and Zack... we were plotting to kidnap him if you were gonna have to give him back cause you had already fallen in love with him in such a short time :) LK

Neish and Neil Clothing and Things said...

That brought tears to my eyes! Great story, he is blessed to have a wonderful mommy too!