Thursday, January 28, 2010

How big messes start!!!!!!!!!!!

We got a Wii back in September and Zack and I could play all day but the teacher mom in me knows this is not ok. But cutting back on Wii is hard to do for both of us lol. So last night while Zacks small window of Wii time came to an end I was cooking dinner. I knew the second it turned off he would "neeeeed" me. I needed him to play or hang out while I finished dinner but that is hard for him to do. So he climbed up on the counters which seems to be his place if he joins me in the kitchen. He pulled off an old sifter I have hanging on my wall for decoration. He was looking at it and I asked him if he wanted to see how it worked. This is how big messes start.......I handed him a full canister of flour. He promptly got to work. Sifting the entire contents into another bowl. I asked him if he needed more bowls and of course he did. He loved it and needless to say flour was everywhere. My child probably like most always have to take it to the next level though so then he was on top of the cabinets standing in the bowls of flour. My mommy instint kicked in and decided that wasn't the safest choice for him to stand in the flour so we moved our party down on the ground. It was so fun to watch him play like that. We had flour pretty much everywhere but because our flours our just concrete right now there was no harm done and I was able to get dinner done in a flash. He even helped me "clean" up which is another story.

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa
His hands look so chubby but in truth their isn't chubby anything on this kid
 

 

Zack said mom can I stand in it me with my back to him says of course you can. Tell me how it feels on your feet I bet you will like it. About that time I turn and realize he is standing of course in the glass bowl that possible could break then we would have red flour that would be bad. So as calmly as I could I asked to step out and pour the flour in the plastic bowl.
 

 
Posted by Picasa
 

 

 

This doesn't seem like such a big mess to clean up but what you don't see it the little Zacky feet prints that go from one end of my house to another.
 


I love being a mom that encourages play outside the box. I know for my house we just don't play with regular toys so much. But the stuff he learned last night in our messy play was how to pour and measure. Try to spend sometime thinking outside the box next time you are trying to entertain your kiddos.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sure looks like he enjoyed every minute of this four learning/play experience.
Lindsay

Brock and Dorie said...

I am that mom that is paranoid about the mess. I should be more outside the box when we have play time.

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

Awesome!

Cherl said...

Your patience and "mommy-ness" never ceases to amaze me! Zacky is a blessed little boy to have you and Cliff as parents and vice versa. It is so wonderful to see one of God's destined plans in action! I am having so much fun catching up on your blog!