Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Just because you drive a Land Rover doesn't mean you can't be a red neck. Check out our Rovy. Yup that would be two twin beds and a table on top of that thing. At Christmas my mom and I bought Zack all new big boy bedding for a twin bed and his Grandma Stahlman had sent him money to put towards a bed. So on the way home from Idaho Dorie went on Craigs list and found this bed. It didn't have any pictures and I was really wanting this bed for him by flex but it was super expensive so we decided to check it out and came home with this on top of my car. It is totally retro but it was only 120.00 bucks and came with the mattresses and the funky pillows which I will have re-upholstered. It is perfect. When someone comes to vist they can sleep in out bed and we can sleep with the boy. I am going to put bed skirts on it so you can't see the wood and I am going to paint the table with chalk board paint. For now it sits in the play room till my sister moves out in the next few days then he will have his bedroom all fixed just right.
 

 

 

 

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

Hey Diedra, I love the beds. You could always paint them white. But bedskirts work too. We set up two twin beds in an L shape in our family room downstairs with pillows along the back. We use it like a daybed/ sectional and when guests come over they have a place to crash.
Chalk board paint is the bomb!